This position will provide legal clerical and administrative support for our client in the Eastern District of Oklahoma.
Education and Experience:
- Examine, prepare and process a variety of legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, and subpoenas; Complete recurring legal documents in conformance with the rules governing their style and format.
- Proofread and cite checking legal briefs, memoranda and other legal documents.
- Aid attorneys in trial preparation by assembling exhibits, affidavits, and other legal documents.
- Assist with trial preparation by performing duties such as compiling trial notebooks, assembling jury instructions, and compiling witness and exhibit lists; Coordinate with the victim/witness specialist to ensure adherence to current Departmental guidelines relating to victims’ rights and services responsibilities.
- Compose original letters and/or electronic communications by applying working knowledge of legal procedures and specialized terminology, e.g., transmittal of pleadings, requests for extensions of time in certain cases, advising of actions taken or developments in cases referred by other federal departments and agencies, and notices to attorneys representing defendants.
- Establish and maintain a variety of files; Assemble and organize files and records material for disposition or transfer to records depository.
- Furnish requested information concerning pending and closed matters and cases, functions and general procedures of the office.
- Perform docketing duties such as opening, updating and closing cases through use of the automated case tracking system.
- Obligate funds for litigation expenses and monitors for continued necessity; Review bills and invoices and submits to budget office for payment.
- Track filing, hearing, and trial dates, and scheduling conferences and interviews.
- Develop and maintain suspense system for ongoing cases and informs the AUSA of pending dates and deadlines; Maintain calendar(s) of the AUSA(s), scheduling appointments, interviews, and conferences, and provides reminders of commitments and court appearances.
- Arrange travel by preparing itinerary, and securing transportation and hotel reservations; Prepare travel authorizations and vouchers.
- Provide automated litigation assistance to attorneys in trial preparation and courtroom presentations; Utilize various software applications and graphics hardware such as scanners and plotters; Prepare documents, charts, and visual materials for use in trials.
- Provides technical support, e.g., enlarging charts and photographs, duplicating tapes and videos, and marking exhibits.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Must be a qualified typist
- Must be able to use, understand and maintain directories, personnel lists and other guides and references to provide a variety of information on the office and to refer questions to other offices.
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Skilled in operating a computer terminal or personal computer, using a standard computer keyboard with additional function keys to produce a wide range of documents.
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity above please contact us and join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets