The purpose of this position is to engineer testing and continuous integration procedures for research and toolkit development projects in support of manufacturing data infrastructure.
- Research and toolkit code test coverage executed as part of an automated build process for several example repositories.
- Document detailing data pipeline architecture for continuous integration and possible publishing of datasets with an internally accessible webpage
- Implement at least 50% test-coverage for several existing research repositories, using a combination of property-based and traditional unit tests.
- Provide example implementation guidelines to increase test-coverage in the future.
- Develop a modular, flexible data registry system to unify data interfaces within SID; Make use of modern Machine-Learning operations (MLOps) tools such as Data Version Control (DVC) to provide standardized registries, along with ways to access and/or update research-critical datasets in a continuous manner.
- Create a unified process for creating and sharing documentation; Make internal web-pages accessible across NIST, with the possibility to make certain documentation pages publicly accessible.
- Ensure research datasets are well-defined in documentation, and that data pipelines make data assumptions explicit and human-readable.
- Master’s degree in Software/Data Engineering or related field
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the related field
- Experience as a principle contributor of complex technical efforts.
- Record of noteworthy open source toolkits, documentation, publications, and/or talks.
- Data Management and Curation tools:
- Version Control (e.g. git, DVC)
- Object storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Minio)
- SQL/NoSQL/Graph Databases (e.g. Grakn, neo4j, mongoDB, sqlalchemy)
- Python Unit/Property-based Testing (e.g. pytest, hypothesis)
- Data Modeling Frameworks (e.g. OpenAPI/JSONSchema, pydantic, pandera).
- CI/CD and Documentation (e.g. Gitlab-ci, Github workflows, mkdocs, sphinx, yaml configuration)
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity above please contact us and join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets