This position requires the ability to organize and manage a complex office that oversees the Office of Fossil Energy (FE), including the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL). The staff will support the Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy (ASFE), Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary (PDAS), the Deputy Assistant Secretary (DAS) for Operations, and the DAS of the Office of Oil and Natural Gas.
- Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical or administrative functions of the office
- Composes correspondence requiring some understanding of technical matters
- Notes commitments made by executive during meetings and arranges for staff implementation.
- Arranges for staff member to represent organization at conferences and meetings, establishes appointment priorities, or reschedules or refuses appointments or invitations
- Reads outgoing correspondence for executive's approval and alerts writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive's viewpoints; gives advice to resolve the problems
- Summarizes the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executive
- Coordinates the new information with background office sources; draws attention to important parts or conflicts
- In the executive's absence, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member; as needed, interprets request and helps implement action
- Makes sure that information is furnished in timely manner; decides whether executive should be notified of important or emergency matters.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience that is relevant and directly related to an executive assistant is required.
- A BS or BA degree (or an additional six (6) years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree)
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity above please contact us and join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets