The Vehicle Inspector shall inspect all vehicles that report to the motor‐pool for monthly vehicle inspections.
Education and Experience:
- Use Inspection Checklist as mandated by the Fleet Manager to document vehicle inspections.
- Retain a copy of the Vehicle Inspection Checklist on file for each inspection conducted.
- Provide a monthly inspection log listing discrepancies to the Fleet Manager.
- Take GSA vehicles to local commercial vendors identified by the COR to have oil changes performed and obtain estimates of accidents. A log will be maintained of all vehicles taken to commercial maintenance repair shops.
- Refuel all Government owned heavy equipment within a twenty–five mile radius of Engineering Research and Development Center (ERDC). Heavy equipment includes, but is not limited to, bulldozers, tractors, draglines, and welding machines. Refuel equipment within one hour of the customer request.
- Refuel generators upon request of customers.
- Maintain a daily log of all fuel deliveries to include scheduled deliveries to ERDC generators on Monday’s and Friday’s. The log shall contain the requestor, gallons issued by type (gas or diesel), date of issue, the work item number the fuel will be charged to, and the name of the work‐item approving official. Deliver the log to the Fleet Manager at the close of each business day for review.
- Transport the refueling unit to the fuel distributor to obtain fuel for redistribution. Return all fuel receipts to the Fleet Manager.
- Maintain sufficient fuel levels in the refueling distribution unit to meet the demands of ERDC customers. Notify the Fleet Manager when supply reaches level that will not fulfill ERDC requirements for the next 2 business days.
- Perform a weekly vehicle inspection of the GSA Truck and Fuel pod. The “weekly” inspection shall be performed the 1st working day of the week. Also perform “during” and “after” inspections on the GSA Truck and Fuel pod. All inspections will be annotated on the mobile fueling unit inspection checklist. Any issues will be addressed to the Fleet Manager.
- Perform a daily vehicle inspection of the GSA Truck and Fuel pod. Also perform “during” and “after” inspections on the GSA Truck and Fuel pod. All inspections will be annotated on the mobile fueling unit inspection checklist. Any issues will be addressed to the Fleet Manager.
- Ensure the GSA Truck and Fuel pod is secure when not in use.
- Required to have a CDL including but not limited to the following endorsements, Hazardous Materials (H) and Tank (N), to transport and distribute fuel.
- Motor carriers and intermodal equipment providers must ensure that individuals performing annual inspections under § 396.17(d) or (e) are qualified as follows
- Knowledgeable of and have mastered the methods, procedures, tools and equipment used when performing an inspection; ]
- Capable of performing an inspection by reason of experience, training, or both as follows:
- Successfully completed a Federal-or State-sponsored training program or have a certificate from a State or Canadian Province that qualifies the individuals to perform commercial motor vehicle safety inspections, or have a combination of training or experience totaling at least 1 year. Such training or experience may consist of:
- Participation in a commercial motor vehicle manufacturer-sponsored training program or similar commercial training program designed to train students in commercial motor vehicle operation and maintenance;
- Experience as a mechanic or inspector in a motor carrier or intermodal equipment maintenance program;
- Experience as a mechanic or inspector in commercial motor vehicle maintenance at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, or similar facility; or
- Experience as a commercial motor vehicle inspector for a State, Provincial or Federal government.
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity above please contact us and join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets