This position will support the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Boulder, CO by developing independent test measurement systems and methodology to include the integration of laboratory and commercial equipment, automation, data collection and validation to produce test data that can be used to evaluate spectrum-sharing technologies.
Education and Experience:
- Support design and assemble two (2) test measurement system including, but not limited to:
- Adapting commercial communications equipment (LTE, 5G, and IoT) for laboratory and experimental use
- Integrate commercial and standard lab equipment.
- Develop test equipment controls and automation to support scenarios and data collection according to requirements provided by the NASCTN TPOC and the test plan
- Utilize best practices of modular components and non-proprietary elements to the extent possible to support NIST goal of test methodology portability
- Track and correct errors in the test measurement systems.
- Modify the test measurement systems in conjunction with the approved changes in the approved test plan, minimum of 2 per project.
- Provide technical input and recommendations to a minimum of two NASCTN project teams to develop and improve the test plan and design of experiment. Input shall be provided to the Project Technical Lead during the weekly technical project meetings.
- Assist in the execution of laboratory tests
- Perform pre-analysis of data for errors and sorting
- Collect and provide weekly/daily measurement data from test system execution to the NASCTN Data Lead
- Develop scripts for each scenario to parse, clean, and sort large disparate datasets
- Document test measurement system configurations, system controls, and automation for replication at alternate site
- Submit monthly progress report in accordance with the expectations listed in the deliverable schedule
- Develop, maintain, and update user manual for developed test systems
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Electronic Engineer, Computer Engineer, or Physicist
- Minimum of 2 years direct experience in developing and maintaining test measurement systems consisting of commercial or military equipment, and laboratory test equipment.
- 1 year direct experience developing test equipment controls and automation.
- 1 year of Python programming experience
The ideal candidate must be knowledgeable in wireless communications/equipment, networking, and emerging mobile communications. Must be able to work autonomously, possess strong interpersonal skills, have a positive attitude, and learn procedures quickly.
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity above please contact us and join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets