The project's purpose is to acquire systematic research in the human factors and usability of IT. The Research Assistant will work directly with senior staff to support the overall research and administrative needs of the PSCR UIUX portfolio. Responsibilities include research assistance, project coordination, and administrative tasks, spanning multiple projects and study teams.
Education and Experience:
- Assist in the experiment design for assessing technology interventions and future user interfaces for first responders with the PSCR virtual and augmented reality systems.
- Coordinate and attend meetings and events relevant to research projects; summarize content of such events.
- Assist in documenting studies to support the human research internal review board (IRB) and paperwork reduction act (PRA) approval process.
- Collect data from first responders to identify public safety use cases to support user experience research. This can include participating in and contributing to first responder user studies, interviews, surveys, and documentation review (e.g., procedures, trainings).
- Document research designs and outcomes to support NIST publications regarding the applications of XR technologies around the public safety use case. Organize and maintain files, both written and electronic
- Draft, read, synthesize, and organize communications with participants. Identify, screen, consent, and schedule appropriate participants. Prepare documentation of these activities for the IRB. Assist in day-to-day logistics. Provide administrative support for UIUX researchers as assigned
- Perform data entry; manage and maintain participant data, records, and documentation; organize data and study material storage on file hosting service; and maintain inventory of supplies or equipment. Receive and disseminate information related to projects. Assist in responses to research inquiries.
- B.S. in Psychology, Computer Science or related field
- 2 years’ experience in conducting research
- Ability to track, coordinate, and organize project elements to support research activities -Experience working with research efforts involving humans.
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity above please contact us and join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets