To provide project support and specialized expertise on the task orders to meet the needs of the Office of Technology Transfer’s mission and services. In addition to processing and developing the USDA patenting, licensing and partnership programs.
Education and Experience:
- Maintains the current status of multiple license records to assure that report and payment deadlines are met by the licensees.
- Gathers information, data, reference, signed documents, etc., to keep the files and license database updated.
- Responsible for tracking license report and payment deadlines using physical records, the license database and internal tracking systems. Prepares and sends reminders and notices to licensees as needed.
- Serves as the point of contact on issues (e.g., late royalty payments, missing reports, revisions to the terms of the license agreement, etc.) related to the license agreement.
- Refers requests from licensees to amend the terms of license agreements to the Business Licensing Officer and Technology Licensing Compliance Specialist.
- Verifies the accuracy of license revenue, net sales reports and payment amounts from licensees. Calculates applicable late fee charges and applies it to outstanding license revenue amount.
- Calculates the appropriate disbursement of license revenues to inventors including the calculation of distributions to inventors.
- Provides to the Technology Licensing Compliance Specialist the status of all license revenue that has been received and not been disbursed to inventors. Consults with the Technology Licensing Compliance Specialist on difficult and complex situations.
- Maintains pending and active license files and ensures that such files conform to the specified legal format and contains all the required documents.
- Reviews and updates data and information in the License subsystem of ARIS when necessary.
- Collects data and generates reports from the license database while maintaining the confidentiality of licensees’ business information.
- Responds to inquiries from licensees concerning report and payment status and clarification of license terms.
- Works with the Foreign Patent Specialist to ensure proper billing of licensees for reimbursement for U.S. patent prosecution costs, maintenance fees, and associates foreign patent filing.
- Assists the Office Assistant with receiving, routing and handling incoming calls and incoming mail to the OTT Licensing Office staff and provides technical guidance and advice for handling licensing situations.
- This position may perform other duties as assigned by the Business Licensing Officer or other OTT Management Staff.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- At least one year of experience in related field
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity above please contact us and join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets