Provide legal support services for the Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA) in the Criminal and Civil divisions by providing a wide variety of technical assistance services by using specialized knowledge of the processes, procedures, and practices of activities in conjunction with a knowledge of clerical and administrative office skills and applying these skills to increase the effectiveness of the assigned AUSA(s).
- Examines, prepares, and processes a variety of technical legal documents which are characteristically voluminous and complex in format.
- Reviews incoming material and independently determines the need for assembly and preparation of a variety of legal documents. Obtains needed information from appropriate sources and submits drafted legal documents to the appropriate AUSA.
- Prepares responsive documents and compile variable aspects of recurring legal documents.
- Verifies citations and statutory references contained in legal documents using original and online resources.
- Ensures citations are complete and consistent with source material.
- Provides organizational support for investigative and trial teams, as well as assists with creation and presentation of evidence, exhibits and documents for trials.
- Organize travel arrangements for AUSAs and follows up after trips to ensure necessary receipts and documents are submitted and finalized.
- Develops tables of contents and Indices to briefs in accordance with established formats.
- Lists cited cases, opinions and miscellaneous references in briefs.
- Participate in witness interviews of assigned cases.
- Strong communication skills which includes being able to maintain regular contact with law enforcement agencies, witnesses, opposing counsel, experts, and court personnel.
- Must be able to create summaries of deposition, transcripts, charts and chronologies for Grand Jury subpoenas.
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity above please contact us and join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets