Strativia, LLC is seeking a qualified Fire Protection Engineer to provide full time support, under our contract with the Department of Energy in Aiken, South Carolina.
Must be a US Citizen
Fire Safety Engineer: To provide specialist fire safety advice to the Client and all other areas covered by service level agreements. To ensure operations are within specified legal requirements with regards to fire risks and develop actions plans for all areas where roles have not been covered by a fire risk management system.
Normal Qualifications: Bachelor of Science with specialty in Fire Protection Engineering
- Assess fire strategy for all relevant buildings and all relevant parts of buildings in accordance with Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations
- Assess standards of buildings to the requirements of Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations and all successor regulations.
- To regularly inspect all buildings, undertaking fire risk assessments within every Department, and periodically review risk assessments and maintain a file of assessments for examination by interested parties.
- Undertake annual fire safety audits at all locations.
- Research and produce location/work specific fire safety training packages.
- Deliver practical and theoretical fire safety training to all employees and maintain records of attendees.
- Undertake evacuation drills in all locations unannounced and unscheduled and produce appropriate reports.
- Investigate and produce reports on occurring fire incidents, unwanted fire signals and incidents, and give advice on future prevention
- Provide specialist fire safety advice for all projects being carried out and liaising with Architects, Local Authority Building Control and Fire Brigades where required.
- Produce specialist reports to principle committees/Director of Facilities as required and to submit annually, a fire report for the Company Board, to include statistical and relevant information and provide interim reports for other organizations.
- Undertake Fire Safety Audits at all locations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance related to Fire Protection Program issues. This includes responding to requests from Federal Project Director and for review of and comments on documents related to design of fire protection suppression systems, fire protection passive systems, e.g. barriers, dampers, fire proofing materials, etc.
- Review and recommend DOE action on routine submissions of SWPF documents
- Develop and submit STAR assessments for fire protection and life safety to include identification concerns, issues, observations, recommendations, and all corrective actions taken/recommended.
- Review and recommend DOE actions on routine submissions of project support documents such as fire system design drawings, fire hazards analyses, and DSA fire scenarios, TSR fire related compensatory measures and Safety Significant/Safety Class requirements.
- Provide support to the SWPF Annual Assessment Plan (AAP)
Location: Aiken, SC
Duration: Full-Time Position
Starting Salary: Based Upon Experience
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity.
Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets
No Recruiters Please