Duties and Responsibilities:
Cybersecurity Analyst will provide support to detect, respond, mitigate, and report cyber threats and attacks. Help monitor public and subscribed vulnerability and threat services to understand current risk, recommend response and mitigation/countermeasure strategies. Assist in producing detailed incident reports and technical briefs. Help educate staff on cyber threats and other detected activity. Providing support with various investigations including: computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments. Ability to lead and manage cybersecurity engineering projects and suggest innovations and ideas to improve the security posture for the customer.
- Experience in cyber security incident collection, analysis, and reporting process procedures
- The ability to analyze firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), IDS alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent System (HIPS), and server and application logs to investigate events and incidents for anomalous activity and produce reports of findings.
- Experience in computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery Computer network forensics
- Experience with current cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks
- Demonstrated ability to document processes
- The ability to respond to crises objectively
- Required Certifications – CISSP
- Knowledge of security baselines (CIS, DISA STIG, DHS 4300A)
- Experience with Cloud and Virtualization Security
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Information Systems preferred)
- Must have a minimum of 5-years’ experience or equivalent education and experience
Location: Washington D.C.
- 8 years+ of cyber security experience
- Shell scripting experience (Perl, Python)
- Experience with data correlation tools as McAfee ESM, Splunk, and ArcSight
- Experience with security tools from various vendors to include: Cisco, CheckPoint, IronPort, McAfee, Symantec, Sourcefire, Sophos, ArcSight, Tenable, Juniper, Imperva, BlueCoat, Encase, FireEye
- Experience with various Open Source Security Tools
- Experience performing Incident Response, Malware Analysis, Host and Network Forensics, and Web Application Security
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and Unix Operating Systems
- Prior experience with either:
- Security Operations Center
- Computer Emergency Response Team
- Desired Certifications *(two or more):
- GCIA, CCFE, CCFP, ENCE, ENCEP, C|HFI, ACE, GCIH, GREM, GPEN, CPT, CEPT, GWAPT, SSCP, GWEB, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCNAS, PMP, Security+, Network+
Duration: Full-Time Position
Starting Salary: Based Upon Experience
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity.
Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets
No Recruiters Please