Strativia delivers technical and professional services to both government (federal, state & local) and commercial organizations worldwide. Our core services include: Web & Application Development, Big Data & Analytics, Cloud & Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Program & Administrative Management, Management Consulting, Logistics and Operations, Integrated Facilities Management, and Staff Support. We work with our clients in a spirit of collaboration and true partnership by understanding their needs and delivering real results. We have seen tremendous growth in the past few years and expect that to continue for many years to come.
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity below please contact us an join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
Strativia currently has an opening for a full time Administrative Assistant to support our customer in Washington, DC. This position will assist the Commissioners for the Commodities Future Trading Commission (CFTC) with administrative support for the business management functions of the Commission. The specific work performed shall support a wide array of disciplines and complexities.
- Greet and assist office visitors
- Answer phones and take messages
- Type correspondence
- Receive, distribute, and send mail
- Operate office equipment (e.g., computers, copiers, fax machines, )
- Create and maintain files and file systems
- Coordinate schedules, appointments, and reserve conference rooms through agency conference room scheduling system
- Monitor and maintain office supply levels
- Assist in development and quality control of work products (e.g., PowerPoint presentations)
- Enter data in, and generate reports from, commercial-off-the-shelf applications (e.g., Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Delphi, webTA, and E2) and custom-developed systems
- Manage biweekly time and attendance records of client employees in client’s time and attendance system (webTA)
- Coordinate and process travel requests and authorizations in the client’s travel system and track payment
- Prepare daily agenda and calendar for Commisioner , or other assigned Agency Executives as needed
- Prepare, update, and edit budget, human resources and other miscellaneous electronic documents and data tables, and organize exhibits on a recurring basis (i.e., daily or weekly as specified)
- Organize and update physical and electronic project management files and project portfolio indexes on a weekly basis
- Coordinate the reproducing of budget exhibits and other proprietary materials and hyperlink appropriate lists
- Prepare binders and electronic files of all relevant project and budget artifacts and research
- Review exhibits of the budget and related documents for accuracy
- Review daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly budget reports, highlighting changes for management review
- Review, edit, and finalize various work papers including but not limited to weekly staff meeting agendas and minutes
- Coordinate logistics matters on an as needed basis including ensuring that required equipment is available (e.g., computers, phone)
- Update databases, as well as updating documents, information, and displays exhibits
- Track and compile status of funds reports for various offices as requested; review and follow-up on unliquidated balances reporting, generate financial management reports from the financial system of record (including, but not limited to, document status reports, purchase card reports and purchase order reports), as requested and review spend plan tracking to ensure that requisitions are received timely and that accurate commitments and obligations are input and tracked
- Process and transmit requisitions, training requests, and other financial documents
- Process and transmit personnel actions to appropriate branches; report and follow-up on a variety of personnel-related actions, training requests, on-boarding and move requests
- Provide assistance with a variety of budget formulation tasks, including inputting data into Agency-wide applications and tracking progress of requests
- Provide reporting and reconciliation of travel authorizations and vouchers to the approved allocations and travel tracking logs
- Process Fitness Center Waivers
- Create tent cards, sign in sheets for client events
- Maintain and distribute Logistics & Operations (LO) internal documents (e.g., contacts, work schedules, birthday lists,)
- Update LO New Employee Brochure
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but Associates Degree and four (4) years of work experience or two (2) years of college coursework and five (5) years of administrative experience to include at least two (2) years of support to senior level executives may be acceptable to substitute for experience.
- Experience with the full MS Office Business Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and, Visio)
- Experience coordinating and schedules meetings in MS outlook
- Experience coordinating with various administrative offices within an organization
- Skill in the use of proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, business correspondence, composition, and format, including the ability to proofread thoroughly and accurately to determines and make needed corrections to produce an error-free final document.
- Ability to be detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to exercise discretion and ensure a high-level of confidentiality of sensitive documents.
- Competence in both oral and written English.
- Assist with annual transit recertification
- Operate plotting machine to produce floor plans
- Prepare policy and procedure documents for client approval
- Prepare and develop other written documents (e.g., drafting internal staff communications)
- Assess and review office/division clientnet pages for content updates
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets
- Microsoft Visio: 1 year
- Supporting high level executives: 5 years
- Administrative Assistant: 5 years
- Microsoft Office: 3 years