Strativia delivers technical and professional services to both government (federal, state & local) and commercial organizations worldwide. Our core services include: Web & Application Development, Big Data & Analytics, Cloud & Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Program & Administrative Management, Management Consulting, Logistics and Operations, Integrated Facilities Management, and Staff Support. We work with our clients in a spirit of collaboration and true partnership by understanding their needs and delivering real results. We have seen tremendous growth in the past few years and expect that to continue for many years to come.
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity below please contact us an join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
We are currently looking to hire a dynamic paralegal to work with our client at the US District Attorney's office in Albuquerque, NM.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and evaluates case referrals to determine the need for additional information and evidence, and planning a comprehensive approach to obtain necessary information and evidence.
- Advises the ACE attorney(s) regarding the merits and weaknesses of ACE referrals based upon applicable law, evidence of liability and damages, and potential defenses.
- Helps the ACE Unit develop new referrals by ensuring a good working relationship with client agencies and the public.
- Receives and analyzes incoming pleadings and correspondence. Determines appropriate action and notes time limitations for responses.
- Prepares initial drafts correspondence and legal documents for ACE attorney signature
- Prepares initial drafts of proposed orders and decrees for signatures of judges
- Researches legal and factual issues and analyzes and summarizes the same
- Use automated resources and technology for the development, presentation, and prosecution of federal cases
- Composes original letters that require a good working knowledge of legal procedures and specialized terminology, a.8., transmittal of pleadings, requests for extensions of time in certain cases, advising of actions taken or developments in cases referred by other federal departments and agencies, and notices to attorneys representing defendants
- Scans/inputs and links case-related materials into an electronic database and manages that database. Manages discovery and trial preparation
- Performs legal research using legal precedent, existing legal files, textbooks, legal periodicals, statutes and regulations. Has working knowledge of research software such as Westlaw and Lexis/Nexis
- Assembles the physical files for new ACE cases by filing materials in chronological order, preparing and printing conflict of interest sheets for assigned attorney, and numbering the initial case materials and/or discovery. Upon receipt, sends additional discovery to outside parties as directed by the assigned attorney.
- Prepares ACE files for closing by putting the documents in chronological order, ensuring that the relevant documents are in the file, and preparing a closing sheet for the assigned attorney's signature.
- Produces a variety of written documents and materials utilizing a wide range of office software applications. For example, assignments may include integrating output from different software types, e.g., tables produced by database applications and charts and graphs produced by electronic spreadsheet applications, into word processing or desk top publishing text. Products include complicated tables, graphs and charts which may be incorporated into legal documents or courtroom presentations. Ensures all documents contain the proper format, spelling,punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location of Work: United States Attorney’s Office, 201 3rd St N.W. Suite 900, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102
Start Date: September 15, 2018
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets