Delivery Driver must possess a current CDL and health card hazmat a plus but not a must. Most of the deliveries will be made locally on Kirtland AFB must be able to obtain a secret clearance and there will only very limited OTR driving most instate
As a driver, you ensure that all property reaches the user on a daily basis and obtain a signed receipt for our documentation, utilizing safe, efficient on time driving. Our fleet is very well maintained and clean, with reefer units and lift gates for some heavy deliveries and or pickups. You must have work experience loading and unloading, as you will be doing so while driving on Kirtland AFB.
Full time position, Monday thru Friday 7am-4pm. Vacation, holiday pay and benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Required Education and Experience
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of your vehicles.
- Perform deliveries on Kirtland AFB
- Drive courteously and defensively.
- Offload product at end user location, verifying quantities and obtaining customer signature, making notation of any variance.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Give feedback to supervisor about customer requirements or complaints.
- Utilize hand trucks and pallet jacks in course of daily duties.
- Pick-up from customers and segregate scrap from equipment. Prepare and ensure condition code tags are properly filled out and attached.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, safety and DOT requirements.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Be able to prioritize and multitask.
- Current CDL health card
- High school diploma or GED
- CDL Class A or B with Hazmat
- 2 years of delivery experience