Strativia is seeking a qualified Senior Subject Matter Expert to serve our client at Department of Information Technology (DOIT). The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the specific discipline required by the State. A Master’s Degree or Ph.D. Degree is preferred.
- Evaluate existing DoIT hardware and infrastructure, including desktop and server hardware and network architecture, and make recommendations for potential VDI solutions.
- Design and define VDI solution requirements for a future solicitation.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for a proposed VDI solution.
- Arrange and schedule demos of potential VDI solutions to State management.
- Experience with solutions which include application virtualization.
- 8-10 years of experience in full implementation of VDI projects and related systems architecture experience with Thin Client/VDI/Virtualization technologies.
- Experience in evaluations of large (5-10K users) agency business and application requirements for systems transition to VDI.
- Experience in making recommendations for leveraging system installation and reducing operating costs.
- Experience with VDI solutions from multiple vendors, especially VMWare, in single and multi-tenancy hosting environments, on converged and hyper-converged platforms, and which support up to 10,000 virtual desktops.
Location: Crownsville, MD
Duration: 6 Months
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets