Strativia has an exciting opportunity for an IT Project Manager to support our client at the Department of Information Technology in Crownsville, MD. The ideal candidate will possess a Masters degree with a minimum of 10 years project management experience in an IT related environment.
- Oversee the respective assigned Major Information Technology Development Projects (MITDPs). Responsibilities include overall project planning, governance and management. Duties shall focus on project planning, monitoring and control, risk and financial management, reporting, and serving as primary liaison with Agency and Agency stakeholders.
Establish appropriate strategies, performance and reporting metrics, and processes in support of the EPMO and its SDLC.
Develop respective SDLC and other required documentation, enterprise solution roadmaps, executive level briefings and reports, and statements of work (SOW).
Act as the DoIT EPMO liaison/project oversight contact for the major projects; attend respective meetings, prepare associated oversight documentation and reports, and ensure all project requirements for the DoIT EPMO are met.
Act, on behalf of DoIT, as the Project/Contract Manager representative for the any issued MITDP IV&V contracts; reviewing deliverables and providing recommendations for improved performance of assigned IV&V assessments. Upon request the PM will also review time sheets, and provide acceptance for invoice and Work Order approvals for the assigned IV&V’s.
Provide support, and guidance to the Oversight Project Management team within the EPMO with respect to MITDP oversight, Agile supporting transformation activities, and the planning of respective systems and solutions within the State.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in managing IT related projects.
- Demonstrated at least seven (7) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
- At least two (2) years in overseeing agile implementation projects.
- Experience developing SLDC documentation, reports, briefings, and process documents.
- Experience with working in both agile and project/portfolio tools.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Additional agile related certifications highly preferred.
- Additional IV&V project/contract management expertise.
- Possess excellent communication
Location: Crownsville, MD
Salary & Benefits: TBD
Required Education: Masters Degree
Start Date: June 1, 2018
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets