Strativia has an exciting opportunity for an Optical Engineer to join our team. The Optical Engineer should have a Ph. D or MS in a related field.
- Receive training on the use of STARR and ROSI instrument used for reflectance measurements
- Provide quality manuals with standard operating
- Utilize NIST STARR and ROSI to calibrate the reflectance and transmittance of samples submitted by NIST customers
- Validate results from measurements are consistent and determine origin of any discrepancies
- Using ROSI instrument measure sample BRDF for geometries and determine various reflectance factors and uncertainties.
- Ensure measurement predictions and uncertainties are complete and accurate – that mathematical algorithms are correctly implemented.
- Provide reports on progress to detail all work completed
- Writing manuscripts for publications
- Ability to work independently as well as with other team members.
- Knowledge of optics and optical properties of materials measurement
- Experience with optical measurements and tools
- Previous experience with evaluating and understanding data and ability to understand discrepancies among instrument readings
- Experience with validating the quality control process of monitoring UV dosage levels.
- Understanding of UV dosage, damage and wavelength
- Understanding and experience with reflectance factors and uncertainties
- Experience with Optical Measurement tools
Education & Training:
Ph. D or MS in related field
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is competitive and based upon experience.
- Summary of Benefits: health / dental / vision / retirement / education, etc.
Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets